Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Nt Booting Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ravinmt

ravinmt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:57 AM

Hi All,

I have one system which is running on windows NT workstation service Pack 4.0. this system shows the error while booting:-

mgactr.exe dll initialization failed.

Initialization of the dynamic link library c:/winnt/system32/mgactr.dll failed. the process is terminating abnormally.

however after ignorin this message i am able to boot the system.

please let me know mgactr.exe is related with which application and how to remove the error.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:17 AM

Do you have a Matrox Video Card? If you do, you would need to start in vga mode, remove the videocard drivers (set it back to vga mode only), uninstall all matrox software and then restart. once that has been accomplished, you will need to have the original drivers, either downloaded or on the original disks to re install.

FWIW, do you mean SP4 or NT 4? the latest service pack is 6.0a, you will have to re apply the sevice pack(s) once the drivers have been re installed.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users