Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Y-cable With New Display Card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gaming freakz

gaming freakz

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:21 AM

i recently got new 7600 gs agp which came with a y-cable

the dealer told me to use it so that the card gets enuf power for performing well

but i dunno how or where to connect it.........or is it necessary to connect it at all???

if yes, how do i go about connecting it??

i have not yet connected the card to pc lest i end up damaging the card or mobo due to lack of power suppply

can anyone enlighten me here.,i really want to frag my way to glory on UT 2004 with the display card :thumbsup: :flowers: :trumpet:

EDIT:also..do in nedd a xtra fan in my cabinet to the card cool.i just hav asinglle 120 mm fan at the moment

Edited by gaming freakz, 08 May 2007 - 11:55 AM.

By the time you have read this.....you have wasted 3 seconds of your life.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 blueandgold04

blueandgold04

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 PM

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:15 PM

Well, it depends on how many peripherals you have connected to your PSU. I would just try one lead at first, and if the graphics lag on low resolution, or you get strange behavior; try plugging in the 'y'. Some symptoms of lacking power: game freezes, game lag on performance settings, no picture.

You may want to look into a PCI Exhaust fan, like this. I like it because you can rotate where the warm air is being pulled from, so you can put it above or below you gfx card and still cool it down.

You also want to put an intake fan the front of your case, as that will increase the flow of cool air into your computer. You can find those here.

Cheers,
bg04

Oh btw, :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer gaming freakz!
"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." -Albert Camus
"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur
"If a man does his best, what else is there?" -George S. Patton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users