Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb Port Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 KIDRoach

KIDRoach

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:43 AM

Okay, so my motherboard is a P4VM800 ASRock

My mouse, and keyboard, and printer, plugged into the usb port is working well. But whenever i plug in a flash drive inside the usb port, my computer slows down when i explore the flash drive. a new drive came out. A Floppy Drive (B:)

When i explored around the flash drive, sometimes i get this error notice.

Windows-Wrong Volume
Exception Processing Message 0xc0000012 Parameters 0x75FC023C
0x75FC023C 0x941BF0BC 0x75FC023C

Any idea why?

When i first bought the computer, nothing like this ever happened. It's been a few months now. At first i thought it's the flash drive, but i bought a new one and it still happens. When the flash drive has no files in it, no error came out. I'm using Windows Vista as an OS.

Before i changed to Vista, i was using Windows XP, with my old flash drive, no error showed up, i just simply can't access the drive. I think it's definitely the USB Port.

Should i change my motherboard?

Thanks for any opinions.
If Quizzes were Quizzicles, what are Tests ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:53 AM

This could be a driver issue. Have you checked the website of the drive manufacturer to see if there are any driver or firmware updates related to Vista?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 KIDRoach

KIDRoach
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:43 AM

I don't think so, but then again, i'm not sure, that's the whole point of me asking here.=) Anyway, When i had XP installed, it already has problems. So, then, i thought maybe trying out a different OS would help to do something about it.

Btw, which driver could you be referring to? The motherboard's driver or the flash drive's driver?
If Quizzes were Quizzicles, what are Tests ?

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:23 PM

The flash drive drivers.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users