Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Writing Disc Error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Arnagath

Arnagath

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:59 AM

I recently got a windows vista laptop and every other time I write a DVD with photos the in windows program just stops working, it seems like it is fine but nothing is actually being written. Only way to then shut down the program is to manually reboot the computer.

Does anybody know if it is a hardware or software problem and if it is fixable.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:50 PM

What program are you using to write to the DVD? DVD writing is a real PITA in Vista unless you use a compatible program (and even then, it's still a PITA!)!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Arnagath

Arnagath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:55 AM

I just bump in a DVD and press "burn disk using windows" then "use windows live file system"
I kind of liked this way to write dvd's because it was really fast but if it is the problem...

the burner I am using is an Optiarc DVD RW AD-7530A ATA

It seems to be like all the files that don't want to be burnt all come from my old external harddrive. Could files be corrupt and not writable but still playable? These files come from my old XP computer. I honestly had problems writing files with that computer as well. Would formating the harddrive work?

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:37 AM

It's not likely that they'd be playable but not burnable. Could DRM (Digital Rights Management) be a factor here?

I'd suggest trying another burner to see if the Windows one is the problem.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Arnagath

Arnagath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:48 PM

ok I tried using the NEC program I got with the laptop, same problem and on the same files, no problems on others. It is actually individual files, so episode 18 of Jericho for example, the rest work fine.

Well normally DRM should not be a problem unless it starts flagging fansubbed bleach as illegal.

If all else fails I will have to format, but I kind of want that to be my last option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users