to BC knaus
I have also tried different file types e.g movies, sound etc as I know some songs are only formatted for stereo sound, but shouldn't they still come out of all 5 speakers?
THis is not necessarely so. Let us narrow down to see where we end up.
1) Have you recently downloaded any Codec Packs
like for instance the KLite or Ace codec pack?
Can you tell us which sound codecs you have installed
2) Could it be that the jacks are damaged? Have you tried the speakers on another system?
3) Can you play DVD's on your computer, and do you own original
DVD's with Dolby Surround quality, try to play those on your system and see what the quality is. Downloaded songs and/or DVD's tend to differ in quality depending on how they were created. If you want to be playing Dolby Surround you should be looking at minimum 192kpbs songs but 320 kbps is better.
4) Do you have any wireless devices in that particular room like phones ?
5) Do the speakers come with drivers?
6) Which soundcard do you have?