Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp-prof "must Be Activated Before Logon"?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 neenu5

neenu5

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:19 PM

Hi, some one please help!

:trumpet: First off I have no knowledge other than basic computer usage so please excuse me, if my question seems dumb! :flowers:

I get an error message that says Windows Xp professional must be activated before log on is possible (something like that).
My problem is that I don't have an activation code cuz I downloaded a "trial version" and it has expired I'm guessing thats why I'm getting the message in the first place. Now I'm unable to access any of my files on my hard drive and all my important PROFANE stuff is on it. How can I access it?

And to anyone who is thinking I'm a dumb PROFANE, I'm thinking the same thing of myself. :thumbsup:

Any help or comments is much appreciated!!

N.N.N

Removed profane words. ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 08 May 2007 - 12:26 AM.

~love life and live large~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:32 AM

First, if you cannot post a topic without the use of profanity then do not post at all. This is a family site and we will not tolerate that type of content.

Second, you can contact Microsoft and purchase a full COA to allow you to reactivate your copy of XP Professional. You can also use the Ultimate Boot CD, or one of the Live Linux to copy your files to a CD.

The Ultimate Boot CD
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 neenu5

neenu5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:47 AM

Hey there,

Sorry about the profane words, and thanks for your advice.
I'll try the ultimate boot, and see what happens.

NNN

Edited by neenu5, 09 May 2007 - 02:48 AM.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:10 AM

While we encourage members to express themselves we are a "8 to 80 years old" type of forum. We want everyone to feel they can come here and not worry about being insulted or harassed. What you did was not that big of a deal in the grand scheme, but we stop it before it goes over the top. So in other words... don't worry about it, just enjoy.
I look forward to seeing how the UBCD works for you. Hope to hear from you soon.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users