Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"cp1041.nls" & "cp1467.nls" - Seemingly Undeletable.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shang101

shang101

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:24 PM

Hi everybody, I'll cut right to the chase.

I am running an EMachines PC with Windows XP. I was using IE 6 when the problem occurred.

Right, the other day I was browsing a forum which has an obscene amount of pop-ups (www.releastbleeps.com if it helps) and immediately my broadband connection just cut off. When I looked on my desktop I found there were some new .DLL shortcuts created. I was a bit rash and deleted them when I should've taken down the names of the shortcuts so I could search on google or show them to you guys. But it's obvious that one of the pop-ups installed this trojan or whatever it is.

So I rebooted and ran all my antivirus and spyware software (including AVG, Adaware, Panda online scanner, SpyBot Search and Destroy) and found roughly 16 viruses with AVG and about 8 with the online Panda scan. My internet worked when I restarted my PC but then cut off after a while, and I am still experiencing the problem. It will not stay connected for a long time and I have to restart it to get back the connection. My PC is also experiencing very, very bad lag and is almost unusable at times.

Early on during the problem my system was getting the 'Windows will shut down in 60' seconds which is supposedly characteristic of the Sasser virus, yet it appears I do not have this virus. I am not getting this prompt anymore. There is nothing out of the ordinary in my Task Manager either.

Also, after restart I get a message informing me that a 'serious error has occurred'. The '60 secs to shutdown' seems to have stopped but the horrendous lag and internet problem is infuriating!!!!!!!!! Sometime my PC will restart when I click on a random file. I'm ran AVG again after the initial problem, it picked up the one of the same virus i initially deleted (cp1041.nls), so it seems the problem is right back to square one!

Also I have just ran a scan at www.nanoscan.com which picked up a serious spammer virus infecting cp1467.nls. I am at the end of my tether with this and at the moment it's just not an option to reformat. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Regards, Shang.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:32 PM

hi shang 101 welcome to b.c i would advise the experts in the hjt team look at you log .here is the linkstart hereand good luck hope you get your problem sorted :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#3 shang101

shang101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 AM

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:34 PM

Thanks mate, will do. And you're a Red aswell, which is even better!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users