Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Half Life 2 Modding

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ussr1943

ussr1943

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:28 PM

Hi all ,
I have decided to try modding and have chosen HL2 source engine to do so, does anyone have any good coding, or modeling tutorials, or know of where to find them? Or have any advice on a new person to modding?
(note for modeling, I would prefer XSI tutorials (using XSI mod tool HL2 ext.) but most tutorials can be applied to any program)

thanks
-Ussr1943-

Edited by ussr1943, 07 May 2007 - 04:38 PM.

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns."
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford
"One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Fremder

Fremder

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:51 PM

General Help
Interlopers go to the forum, they can help with almost everything. They also have a lot of mapping tutorials for Half-Life 2.

Modeling Tutorial
Edharriss only meant for Softimage Mod programs.

Tips
Practice makes perfect.
Remember the 3 p's, practice, practice, and practice some more.

Edited by Fremder, 07 May 2007 - 03:52 PM.

You will not like me if I'm angry.

#3 ussr1943

ussr1943
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:35 PM

I found interlopers to be a great help. Does anyone have a tutorial on weapon animating and getting set up for HL2 mods?
"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards -- and even then I have my doubts." --Eugene H. Spafford

#4 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:04 PM

Out of curiosity, what sort of mod are you thinking of making?
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

#5 ussr1943

ussr1943
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:27 PM

Actually right now I'm just going to play with modding things ex. adding a custom weapon, changing some characters and animations. I would like to get into coding in modding. I'm looking for tutorials. If I could make a mod though I would be interested in making a WW2 escape mod. But yeah mods are pretty tough as I'm finding out, but I love problem solving so I am really having some fun. It's pretty interesting to see how a game was made, how much time and effort was put into it, yet most players play the game unaware or this. I'm mostly just playing with modding simple things right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users