Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java Script - Secunia Software Inspector

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DHL

DHL

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:45 PM

Help needed wih Topic Title as follows and hopefully using the correct thread

I try to run Secunia Software Inspector using IE but unable to. As soon as the program starts I get disconnected
from IE receiving the following as below. Hopefully I have done the link correctly

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z230/xo...reenShot001.jpg
unquote

Having said when I run the program using mozilla firefox it runs without any problems which suggests that my IE is not working correctly.

Hopefully someone will be able to suggest how can that problem using IE can be corrected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:26 PM

There could be a number of issues at hand here. The shortest way is to do the following START RUN and type eventvwr. This will open a screen where you can choose from 3 options (Application System and Security) Please check there for white crosses, select them them and post the contents here.
Event viewer tut

Which version of Java do you have? * Start Control Panel Add/remove Software *

#3 DHL

DHL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:19 PM

Hi Fozzie
The version of Java indicated is Java™SE runtime environment 6 update 1

As far as the 3 options are concerned, I have not seen any white crosses but there are numerous error and warnings in Application and System section.
There are no items shown in the Security System.

The errors are shown with x in a red circle and the warnings are shown with the danger mark within a triangle.

I repeat there are no white crosses shown anywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users