Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Incredimail

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sandisuetoo

sandisuetoo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:05 PM

I have a friend who uses IM..........when she attaches a .jpg, the receiver gets the .jpg but the name has changed....usually to something like this ATT00018.jpg. when she attaches .gif and .png, those don't change. She has changed isp's, but still happens. When she uses Outlook Express the name of the .jpg remains the same as it was when she attached it.
She has purchased a new incredimail and installed it, but it is the same. I had her remove any remnants of IM in her programs file, but didn't have her check her registry or anything else.........neither of us are very computer savy..............Does anyone know a solution to her problem.
Thanks,
sandisuetoo
P. S.
I forgot to introduce myself.........I am new to this forum.......I have only been using a computer for 7 years, my primary use is paintshop pro and games like solitaire and mahjongg. I am 65.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 AM

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:34 PM

Which IM is your friend using? And what ISP?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users