Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Director Software Update 3.0.5.001 Always Fails

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sundar Krishnan

Sundar Krishnan

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:49 AM

Hi, 7th May, 2007

Recently, I updated the S/ws of PSC 1315 of HP, and landed into this problem of HP Director Software Update 3.0.5.001 ALWAYS failing (All other updates were successful).

Earlier, while downloading and installing the so-called latest HP S/w (382.300952 MB only !), I ran into problems - luckily, it was resolved after I searched the Internet and obtained a “Critical Update : CIT207355-HPCOM-PATCH-v8.exe 1/1 (925.55 KB -) 947, 768 bytes".

However, Update 3.0.5.001 problem is not similarly listed out in the Web with any solution patch - in as far as I have searched so far.

After many-many emails, HP finally had to accept the truth, and they replied :
["Sunder, I would like to inform you that this is a recurring issue with the software update 3.0 and this case was forwarded to the HP R&D department and they are working on this issue."

"Sundar, I will personally get back to you as the resolution is available."]

If any member(s) of this Group has tackled successfully a similar problem, pl let me know.

Thanks in advance.

PS : I have done most of the obvious steps like downloading the latest S/ws direct from HP site etc. I have also installed .NET 2 and .NET 3 F/ws.
My PC is an Intel Dual Core, 3 GHz, 930 Processor with 1 GB RAM and 2 x 250 GB Hard Disks, and Windows XP Professional updated with the latest SP2 etc till date.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:21 PM

What problems are you having? Did it happen after downloading I.E. 7? I cannot find that specific update on HP's website
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Sundar Krishnan

Sundar Krishnan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:54 AM

Mark,

Pl refer : http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...228&lang=en
for : CIT207355-HPCOM-PATCH-v8.exe 1/1 (925.55k) Dnload.

Edited by Pandy, 04 November 2007 - 11:14 PM.

#4 Sundar Krishnan

Sundar Krishnan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:59 AM

Mark and others,

Wanted to add this too.

I have given the url for the IE7 Crit Upd above.

However, I am eager to resolve my current problem of not being able to update HP Director Software Update 3.0.5.001, which has so far ALWAYS failed.

If there is any special Update to resolve this, pl let know. This "patch" need not necessarily be from HP itself, but it should have worked successfully for previous users.

Thanks

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:22 AM

I don't use I.E.7 so I'm not sure about it's security settings. One solution is to try a different browser. Try downloading Mozilla's Firefox and see if it will let you download the update. After that, if you do not like Firefox just uninstall it
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 PeterPC Service

PeterPC Service

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:30 PM

Maybe a bit late, But i guess you can download it from the HP site with firefox.....

I just did today

and when that fails to just goto:
http://pcsutrecht.gotdns.com:802/downloads/hpfix/hpfix.exe or
http://pcsutrecht.gotdns.com:802/downloads...OM-PATCH-v8.exe

I have stored it there

Greetz

Pete®

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users