Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tsa Loses Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 blueandgold04

blueandgold04

• Members
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:43 AM

You can read the story here. Basically, the TSA (Transportation Security Administration) 'lost' the personal info of about 100,000 of its employees. :thumbsup:

These are the same individuals who think they have the right to look through my personal belongings and then stuff them back into my bag. The same people who realistically believe it is feasible to concoct a bomb in an airplane bathroom from the contents of a chapstick tube.

If any of you work for TSA, my deepest concerns go out to you for your identity. However, know that I deeply disagree with most of the practices now necessary for boarding a plane. Taking off my shoes? Please! No liquids? Please! This is all a matter of conditioning. And this story is another example of a government sponsored foray demanding blind obediance while asking selective amnesia with regards to its failures.

It seems the Department of Homeland Security has done nothing but prove its own ineptness. It has proven that combination is not necessarily the best answer, with respect to disaster reaction and avoidance. Perhaps we should have placed more importance on open communication, rather than preparing for Martial Law.

Can the Government keep us safe during daily affairs? Is that the role of our Federal Government?
"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal." -Albert Camus
"Chance favors the prepared mind." -Louis Pasteur
"If a man does his best, what else is there?" -George S. Patton

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:34 PM

Well,

based on some of the TSA personnel that I've seen,

if they were in charge of protecting their own equipment it's no wonder that something went wrong!

:flowers: :thumbsup:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:02 AM

I think it is outrageous. Do you really think the terrorists are going after planes in America again? After the supposable attack from Great Britain. (which I think our government was just bsing us with). Come on, terrorists aren't as stupid as we expect them to be. IF they were stupid, why are we still in Iraq. Why haven't we found Osama Bin Laden, eh?

The terrorists know they will have to top their next move if they plan on out doing their 9/11 attack. Which means planes are out. They are old news! They will more likely do an attack that will affect something that will be long term... like water supply, or some type of disease.

Back on topic, as for the security at the airport. This terrorism crap is just another excuse for the government to slowly remove our freedom of movement across our own country. Which was the one thing that separated us from Soviet Russia. They just want to have complete control over us and be able to eventually control us without giving a crap about the terrorists. Next thing you know you won't be able to board a plane if you had a DUI or a small misdemeanor.

#4 snowman972

snowman972

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:05 PM

I completely agree with both previous posts. The Department of Homeland Security has done nothing to improve our safety. (I will be very surprised if someone can actually prove that we are safer on an airplane now than before 9/11). I dont believe that people or "terrorists" (I believe that the US Government is a bigger terrorist now to the American people than people living in caves) can sneak bomb making materials onto a plane and actually make one in a plane. Do you know how small those bathrooms are?! I start to hyperventilate if I dont do my business fast enough. (As you can see, I would not make a great terrorist) I have a light mood on this subject because of the amount of stupidity there is in America these days. Why oh why do I have to remove my belt?! Just put me through a high-end, top of the line, shiny metal detector and let me go!

Edited by snowman972, 15 August 2008 - 11:08 PM.

Dell Dimension E310
2.80GHz Intel Pentium 4 w/ Hyper-Threading
2GB RAM
HIS Hightech 256MB ATI Radeon X1550 w/ Hyper-Memory (512MB)
70GB Hard Drive
DVD/CD-RW Drive (Bay 1)
DVD-RAM/DVD±RW/CD-RW Drive (Bay 2)
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002 (SP3)

#5 Computers Kill

Computers Kill

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:14 PM

I haven't been on an airplane for along time. Even before the attack.. Anybody ever wonder why what was it... 11 people with the last name BIN LADEN were allowed to fly on SEMPTEBER 13?!?! while all other planes were grounded.. HELL, even Ricky Martin couldn't fly that day, and we all know how important he is.. Its because the American Government isn't about serving justice and protecting its people anymore. Its about dominating them, while stealing all the change from our pockets as they can, and making a few Princes across the globe happy while we all sit and watch the News, while it shovels out loads and loads of OTHER peoples dirty luandry. Not theirs (the governments.) Pheh... I'm tired of thinking about it.. Good topic thought, keep it movin -.o!

I haven't been on an airplane for along time. Even before the attack.. Anybody ever wonder why what was it... 11 people with the last name BIN LADEN were allowed to fly on SEMPTEBER 13?!?! while all other planes were grounded.. HELL, even Ricky Martin couldn't fly that day, and we all know how important he is.. Its because the American Government isn't about serving justice and protecting its people anymore. Its about dominating them, while stealing all the change from our pockets as they can, and making a few Princes across the globe happy while we all sit and watch the News, while it shovels out loads and loads of OTHER peoples dirty luandry. Not theirs (the governments.) Pheh... I'm tired of thinking about it.. Good topic thought, keep it movin -.o!
If I could float to space, I would... But instead I'm stuck in cyber space.. And its killing me. X_X;

#6 ryan_w_quick

ryan_w_quick

• Members
  • 488 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2008 - 01:25 PM

this country is due for a revolution soon. people will only put up with this federal government and nazi law enforcement for so long
"To do less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." Steve Prefontaine

"The things you own end up owning you." Tyler Durden

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users