Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems Installing Win 2003 Sp2 From Win Updates

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SysTech Guy

SysTech Guy

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:30 AM

I am a Systems Technician and part of my responsibilities is to provide maintenance on our Server's during the company's off hours.

We have two internal DNS servers on our private network that run Win 2003 Server. Recently a Service Pack was made available through Windows updates that I attempted to update and install.

During the process, the download and install procedure seemed to hang and then quit with a message:

"Updates failed to install the package"

I attempted again three more times with the same results. The other minor updates had no problem, but this service pack would just not install.

From what I have read, this is an important update that needs to be installed. What other options can I take to install this service pack?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:06 PM

What you could do is a simple google search for the service pack and download it from another (safe) site. Then install it as you normally would. I had the same problem with Windows 2000 profesional and I had to do the same thing.

Hope it helps
-Steve
Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users