Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bad Things After Failed Ubuntu Install

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:35 PM

Heres what happened Last night i bought a brand new Hard drive and installed it in my computer. This afternoon i installed Ubuntu on it. Install seemed to go ok no errors or anything of that nature. I rebooted and got past the Post and into the Boot check. Thats when it happened I got this

Verifying DMI ....
BOOT from CD....
4040404040404040404040404040404040404040404040(this goes on until I turn off the Computer)

So I rebooted and switched the Boot order around and got

Verifying DMI....

Same thing happened when I tried to boot from either Hard Drive. So I broke out my restore CDs and am currently booting into windows via them (Booting from the First CD and then selecting quit seems to override my problem)

Any help is greatly appricated.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joedude

Joedude

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:29 AM

I have never heard of this before. I searched the Ubuntu support, forums and manuals and can find no reference to this error. You may want to go to their forums and post this. One of the developers may know exactly what it is or you could have discovered a bug they need to fix.
If someone tells you to su rm -rf /
DON'T DO IT!!!!
Be in the know, Bash smart!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users