Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chow2rich

chow2rich

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:40 PM

How much longer do I have to wait to get rid of spyware or malware. Is there a website that can check if I have spyware left or how much spyware I have? Sometimes my laptop would act weird. And I know it's the spyware effects. I just got rid of the virus, but how much longer can I get rid of spyware or malware?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:17 PM

What are you talking about?
Did you get infected, again?
Did you follow ALL of SifuMike's suggestions, in your HJT post?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:50 AM

No i'm not infected again. I'm just asking if there is a website that can check if you have spyware or adware. Like PandaActive Scan can detect if you have virus and spyware. But is there a website just detect spyware?

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,139 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:38 AM

There are plenty of free online scanners besides Panda.
Trend Micro Housecall <- Use "Autoclean" and manually delete what it can't clean.
F-Secure Online Scanner. <- Be sure to follow the directions on the F-Secure page for proper Installation. (also checks for rootkits).
BitDefender Online Scanner. <- Add a check by "Autoclean".
Kaspersky Webscan. <- check the option to use the Extended database (does not remove anything but will provide a log of anything it finds).
eTrust Antivirus Web Scanner. <- "Cure" whatever is found. Be sure to read the eTrust Antivirus Scanner Help Guide before scanning.
Ewido Online Malware Scan
a-squared Web Malware Scanner. <- There are several options. Default is Smart Scan which is fast and scans the most important folders

What they detect depends on the definitions used. Each vendor has its own definition of what constitutes spyware and scanning your computer using different criteria will yield different results.

You should be looking toward prevention rather than detection after the fact with a layered defense using several products (including an effective firewall) to supplement your anti-virus.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 chow2rich

chow2rich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 218 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:09 PM

Thanks, I will check each one and copy the link

Edited by chow2rich, 07 May 2007 - 06:10 PM.

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:19 AM

The Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps topic list several online scans, for different types of infections.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users