Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vinny34

vinny34

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:42 PM

i was wondering if someone could help me. i have contacts on my computer with saved information. when i open this material i can't read it because it comes up with a bunch of letters, numbers and symbals. it's in some kind of code
can anyone help me?????

Moderator Edit: Added a topic descriptor. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 14 May 2007 - 09:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:04 PM

It would be helpful if you could tell us how you saved these contacts (that is, what application you used to save them on the computer); if you can find the file, the file TYPE (the extension after the .dot in the file name), and the location of the file (s) on the hard drive.
It easily may be that you are trying to view the contact information with the wrong application, and the additional information would confirm this and help us fix the problem.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 vinny34

vinny34
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 May 2007 - 08:42 PM

i didn't save them. they saved themselves as far as i can see. they are in drive C under documents and settings then under contacts.it shows a hotmail address example (bleepingcomputer@hotmail.com).when i click on open it comes up as : 0e599b04-7bf4-4e9b-a3b0-6375b4ea774d
WINDOWSLIVECONTACTFILE
5KB

and when i open that it comes up as : =aq)WԍQCv$Tޓy4`#~*=[\T`9bc?hpuz~9H+nШ

with alot more

do you know how to view this??? i'm not very good around computers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users