Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Turn Off "low Virtual Memory" Warnings?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 werehyena

werehyena

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:17 AM

(I'm not looking for any tips on how to conserve or improve memory space.)

I have a ton of memory on my computer, but when I'm in certian programs, the popup notification box, telling me my memory is low, annoys the bloody hell out of me and honestly, I DON'T CARE!!!

I have it on the right settings, the ones I like, for memory usage, so it won't interferre with my programs.

Please... just make it stop...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:55 AM

Hi werehyena. Welcome to BleepingComputer.

If your pagefile is set to 1.5 times your physical memory, you shouldn't get that message very often. I know this is not the answer to your question but increasing the size of your pagefile should eliminate your problem.

Edited by rowal5555, 06 May 2007 - 06:00 AM.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 06 May 2007 - 06:19 AM

this linkshould solve your problem
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 06 May 2007 - 06:22 AM

Hi werehyena, welcome to BC. :thumbsup:
The "Low Virtual Memory" warning is a hardcoded in "system" warning. You can suppress the warning but the drawback is that other system warnings called from the same location will also be suppressed. In other words, you could miss a warning that you don't want too. That said, there are 3 registry entries you will have to check\create. See the two links below. I would suggest you do them one at a time starting with the first link, then test. The second link addresses paging, which is directly related to virtual memory. Chances are you will have to apply all 3 however.

How to Get Rid of System and Application Popup Messages

Description of the Low Disk Space Notification in Windows XP

Edited by HitSquad, 06 May 2007 - 06:24 AM.

#5 mobil1_oils

mobil1_oils

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:28 AM

I know this isn't what your asking for but going by the warning message and how you described it, i thought i better explain this.

Virtual memory is completely different from RAM/System memory. Your virtual memory is set too low. Some programs use virtual memory for certain things it doesn't have to access as often as what is stored in memory, or it isn't vital to get it immediately. So even thought you might have 4gb of ram, you still need a decent pagefile. As a basic draft, every computer i work on with pagefile/low virtual memory problems, i take the tick out of system managed size and set the minimum as 4092 and maximum as 4095. That will definately fix your problem.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:35 AM

While all you want is a fix to turn off the warning - of grreater concern is what's causing it. A malfunctioning program can 1) give these warnings and 2) can cause corruption in other running programs.

Your choice...
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users