Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Links

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 buttmike

buttmike

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 05 May 2007 - 10:11 PM

I am trying to get some feedback. Certain links like Click Here! or Click here to manage this topic's poll do not work. The color of the link will change as if the computer recognizes the attempt, but nothing happens. I have checked with my other computer and the links are valid and work properly. These links are usually to webpages that have some kind of forms to print or fill out. Is there a setting that I need to change? Does anyone have an idea what may be wrong? Please help if you can. Thanks

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 06 May 2007 - 08:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:30 PM

What browser, firewall, and anti virus are you using?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 buttmike

buttmike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:51 PM

explorer, no firewall that I am aware of, norton systemworks 2005

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:01 PM

Long shot idea. Hold down the CTRL key while clicking the link. If it opens, a pop blocker is the culprit.

#5 buttmike

buttmike
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:30 PM

Thank you Queen. Control while pressing link opens the link. I have 2 pop up blockers that I know about and both are turned off. Maybe I have another that is on. I will check. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users