Click on Start > Run and type: services.msc
FAQs Windows Security Center
- Press Ok.
- Click the "Extended tab" at the bottom to view all the info on your services.
- Scroll down the list and check for the "Security Center" service.
- Double-click on it or right-click and choose "Properties".
- From the drop-down menu next to "Startup Type", click on "Automatic"
- Start the service by clicking the "Start" button.
- Click Apply, then OK and close any open windows.
If your still having problems, click on the link below:http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
Scroll down to #338 and click on "Restore the Security Center Service" in the right column. Go to File, choose "Save page as" All Files and save securitycenterrestore.reg
to your desktop. Double-click on the file and choose "Yes" to merge it into the registry when prompted.CAUTION: This step involves making changes in the registry. Always back up your registry before making any changes
. If you are not familiar with working in the registry, then you should NOT attempt to make any changes on your own. Improper changes to the registry could adversely affect your computer and render it inoperable.