Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Me Hide/block Ip Address

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 critters

critters

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:34 PM

hi!
im in need of immediate help as to how i can hide my friend's ip address from hackers. i have a friend who was betrayed by her co-worker and has submitted her email address to some computer company to track her ip address and hack her computer to know my friend's location.
my friend has deleted that email add account already, can her ip address still be traced?
help pls. thanks so much.
she just wants her ip add hidden..
hoping for immediate responses. thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rlprlp

rlprlp

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 05 May 2007 - 07:46 AM

Just curious: What "computer company" offers the service of finding and revealing physical addresses from e-mail addresses?

If your friend has high-speed internet, the IP address can be easily changed by simply unplugging the modem for a while, and then plugging it back in. I do this to change mine 2 or 3 times a week, just for the sake of privacy.

Edited by rlprlp, 05 May 2007 - 07:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users