Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Wid Agp Slot

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shady_inc

shady_inc

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 04 May 2007 - 12:19 PM

hi everyone .

i got a new video card GeForce 7600 GT having AGP 8x inferface
but i dunno which which type of agp slot i have on my mobo{2x 4x or 8x}
is there any sofware or any other way to know it??

also is it possible to use 8x card on 4x slot.i read somewhere that it is,but not sure...

Edited by shady_inc, 04 May 2007 - 12:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:17 PM

Most likely it will work. Most AGP cards today are universal cards. Here is a link discussing AGP slots and compatibility.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 shady_inc

shady_inc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:08 AM

ok thnx..
but isn't there any software to know whick agp slot i exactly got??

cuz if its below agp 4x i may very well consider buying a new motherboard with a PCI-e slot :thumbsup:

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:51 AM

See what SIW will tell you.

Although if you are gonna get a motherboard with a PCIe slot you will have to get a whole new computer.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#5 shady_inc

shady_inc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:40 AM

thanks for the link!!

but i found out the agp version quite easily in the end by just visiting the manufacturer website
{intel}it is agp 4x.just hope the graphic card works fine in the 4x slot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users