Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible Hijack

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cuteypie37

cuteypie37

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:07 AM

hi i dont know if you can help me -i dont know if im in the right place my apoligies if im not -but i was playing neopets and when i went to play games it came up with a website www .footprints .com it wont let me do anything else . we have windows vista on the computer please tell me how i can get rid of it

many thanx x

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:47 AM

It does appear that you have been hijacked.
Please read and follow the directions for posting a HJT log; the preparation guide will instruct you to download, install, and use several free anti-spyware applications; running these may in itself remove the malware. If the problem persists, then the guide will instruct you to run a diagnostic application and submit it for our volunteer team to analyse; a Team member will give you specific instructions to remove the malware the log has found, and help you with any questions or problems.
The Guide, which you might want to copy to your own computer for reference, can be found here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users