Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wins32.exe

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kellys1

kellys1

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 PM

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:24 AM

I help out at a small business that have 4 computers linked to a Netgear DG834 router via a switch. they were testing out VNC remote takeover application and opened port 5900 on the router and pointed it to one of the pc's. The day after, AVG free edition picked up a virus and the pc was running extremely slow. I closed the port and removed the pc from the network. I have run through all the steps given in this site before posting the log below. We had Windows firewall but have since introduced ZoneAlarm. Already had Spybot and Adaware and have run these. the one program that is causing concern is c:\program files\wins32.exe. I have tried to delete it and remove it from the HJT log, but it keeps reappearing. Tried to do the same in safe mode to no avail. So I'm a bit stuck. All offers of help greatfully received.
Regards
Steve

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jurgenv

jurgenv

• Members
  • 1,093 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:18 PM

Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.

Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.
  • Choose your usual account.
  • Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
  • Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
  • It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
  • Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
  • When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
  • Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
    (Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).
  • Finally paste the contents of the Report.txt back on the forum with a new HijackThis log

Greets Jürgenv

Donation: Click me.

#3 kellys1

kellys1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:53 AM

Thanks for your advice
I have run sdfix and attached are the relevant files
SDFix prompted me to run catchme.exe, should I run this?

Attached Files

#4 jurgenv

jurgenv

• Members
  • 1,093 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:47 AM

Could you please post the logs here and not as attachement? :thumbsup:
Greets Jürgenv

#5 kellys1

kellys1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:07 AM

My apologies

Here are the files

HJThis
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:02:00, on 10/05/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16441)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\IIS\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mnmsrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\IIS\scvhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlwriter.exe
C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC4\WinVNC4.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows\Act.Outlook.Service.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\sqlmangr.exe
C:\Program Files\ACT\SideACT.exe
C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead Photo Express 3.0 SE\CalCheck.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\brsvc01a.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\brss01a.exe
C:\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dell.co.uk/myway
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.cheshiretelecom.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.dell.co.uk/myway
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Act.UI.InternetExplorer.Plugins.AttachFile.CAttachFile - {D5233FCD-D258-4903-89B8-FB1568E7413D} - mscoree.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDLauncher] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\DVDLauncher.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Act.Outlook.Service] "C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows\Act.Outlook.Service.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Act! Preloader] "C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows\ActSage.exe" -preload
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [*wins32] C:\Program Files\wins32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [housekeep] C:\Documents and Settings\Cheshire Telecom\Applic
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [wins32] C:\Program Files\wins32.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Service Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\sqlmangr.exe
O4 - Global Startup: SideACT!.lnk = C:\Program Files\ACT\SideACT.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Ulead Photo Express 3.0 SE Calendar Checker.lnk = C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\Ulead Photo Express 3.0 SE\CalCheck.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Attach Web page to ACT! contact - {6F431AC3-364A-478b-BBDB-89C7CE1B18F6} - mscoree.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Attach Web page to ACT! contact... - {6F431AC3-364A-478b-BBDB-89C7CE1B18F6} - mscoree.dll (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8 - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - %windir%\bdoscandel.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O16 - DPF: {05CA9FB0-3E3E-4B36-BF41-0E3A5CAA8CD8} (Office Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=58813
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://www.bitdefender.co.uk/scan_uk/scan8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat...b?1129126361000
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {D6376DD2-C2BD-49B2-A1B1-138F869633F3} (ASPRO Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescanpro/as5/asproinst.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxdev.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: BrSplService (Brother XP spl Service) - brother Industries Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\brsvc01a.exe
O23 - Service: DSBrokerService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\DellSupport\brkrsvc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Microsoft Security Center - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\IIS\svchost.exe
O23 - Service: SQL Server (ACT7) (MSSQL$ACT7) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe" -sACT7 (file missing)
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\PROSetWired\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
O23 - Service: FireDaemon Service: WindowsUpdate (WindowsUpdate) - Unknown owner - c:\Windows\system32\Dap\\mssvchost.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: VNC Server Version 4 (WinVNC4) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC4\WinVNC4.exe" -service (file missing)

==================
Report.txt

SDFix: Version 1.83

Run by Cheshire Telecom - 08/05/2007 - 9:30:53.43

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

Running From: C:\SDFix

Safe Mode:
Checking Services:

Name:
Secure
SMSS

ImagePath:
c:\Windows\system32\Dap\\mssvchost.exe -s
c:\Windows\system32\Dap\\mssvchost.exe -s

Secure - Deleted
SMSS - Deleted

Restoring Windows Registry Values
Restoring Windows Default Hosts File

Rebooting...

Normal Mode:
Checking Files:

Below files will be copied to Backups folder then removed:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\install.exe - Deleted

Removing Temp Files

ADS Check:

Checking if ADS is attached to system32 Folder
C:\WINDOWS\system32
No streams found.

Checking if ADS is attached to svchost.exe
No streams found.

Final Check:

Remaining Services:
------------------

Authorized Application Key Export:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\IEXPLORE.EXE"="C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\IEXPLORE.EXE:*:Enabled:Internet Explorer"
"C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Messenger\\msmsgs.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Messenger"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\fxsclnt.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\fxsclnt.exe:*:Enabled:Microsoft Fax Console"
"C:\\Program Files\\NetMeeting\\conf.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\NetMeeting\\conf.exe:*:Enabled:Windows® NetMeeting®"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\mmc.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\mmc.exe:*:Enabled:Microsoft Management Console"
"C:\\WINDOWS\\pchealth\\helpctr\\binaries\\HelpCtr.exe"="C:\\WINDOWS\\pchealth\\helpctr\\binaries\\HelpCtr.exe:*:Enabled:Remote Assistance - Windows Messenger and Voice"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avginet.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avginet.exe:*:Enabled:avginet.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgamsvr.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgamsvr.exe:*:Enabled:avgamsvr.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgcc.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Grisoft\\AVG7\\avgcc.exe:*:Enabled:avgcc.exe"
"C:\\Program Files\\ACT\\Act for Windows\\ActSage.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\ACT\\Act for Windows\\ActSage.exe:*:Enabled:ACT! 9.x/2007"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"
"C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\System\\vnc.exe"="C:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\System\\vnc.exe:*:Enabled:Windows Update"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]
"%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe"="%windir%\\system32\\sessmgr.exe:*:enabled:@xpsp2res.dll,-22019"
"%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe"="%windir%\\Network Diagnostic\\xpnetdiag.exe:*:Enabled:@xpsp3res.dll,-20000"

Remaining Files:
---------------

Backups Folder: - C:\SDFix\backups\backups.zip

Checking For Files with Hidden Attributes:

C:\Documents and Settings\Cheshire Telecom\NetHood\www.webabillity.com\Desktop.ini
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\DemoData\REPORTS\Assets\My Asset Reports\rpt.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\DemoData\REPORTS\Bank\My Bank Reports\rpt.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\DemoData\REPORTS\Customer\My Customer Reports\rpt.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\DemoData\REPORTS\Finance\My Finance Reports\rpt.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\DemoData\REPORTS\Invoice\My Invoice Reports\rpt.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\DemoData\REPORTS\Nominal\My Nominal Reports\rpt.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\DemoData\REPORTS\POP\My POP Reports\rpt.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\DemoData\REPORTS\Products\My Products Reports\rpt.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\DemoData\REPORTS\Project\My Project Reports\rpt.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\DemoData\REPORTS\SOP\My SOP Reports\rpt.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\DemoData\REPORTS\Supplier\My Supplier Reports\rpt.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\REPORTS\Assets\My Asset Reports\rpt.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\REPORTS\Bank\My Bank Reports\rpt.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\REPORTS\Customer\My Customer Reports\rpt.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\REPORTS\Finance\My Finance Reports\rpt.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\REPORTS\Invoice\My Invoice Reports\rpt.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\REPORTS\Nominal\My Nominal Reports\rpt.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\REPORTS\POP\My POP Reports\rpt.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\REPORTS\Products\My Products Reports\rpt.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\REPORTS\Project\My Project Reports\rpt.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\REPORTS\SOP\My SOP Reports\rpt.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Instant\REPORTS\Supplier\My Supplier Reports\rpt.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\1982621EBF.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\flfnpy.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\KGyGaAvL.sys
C:\Documents and Settings\Cheshire Telecom\Application Data\Gtek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch_u1\lock.tmp
C:\Documents and Settings\Cheshire Telecom\Application Data\Gtek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch_u2\lock.tmp
C:\Documents and Settings\Cheshire Telecom\Application Data\Gtek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch_u3\lock.tmp
C:\Documents and Settings\Cheshire Telecom\Application Data\Gtek\GTUpdate\AUpdate\Channels\ch_u4\lock.tmp
C:\Documents and Settings\Cheshire Telecom\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\~WRL0753.tmp
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\S-1-5-18\7f9ed00b8ab9f384a670920f20096ec5\BITA.tmp
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\S-1-5-18\ca1c9a5f6bfb5c940f7b592a816e164e\BITB.tmp

Finished

#6 jurgenv

jurgenv

• Members
  • 1,093 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:26 AM

* Please open hijackthis and put a check next to the following:

O2 - BHO: Act.UI.InternetExplorer.Plugins.AttachFile.CAttachFile - {D5233FCD-D258-4903-89B8-FB1568E7413D} - mscoree.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [*wins32] C:\Program Files\wins32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DellSupport] "C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe" /startup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [wins32] C:\Program Files\wins32.exe

* After you check the items you want to fix, close all browsers and windows, except for HijackThis, then click on the Fix Checked button on HijackThis.

Please download the Killbox by Option^Explicit.

Note: In the event you already have Killbox, this is a new version that I need you to download.
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Please double-click Killbox.exe to run it.
  • Select:
    • Delete on Reboot
    • then Click on the All Files button.
  • Please copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy):

C:\Program Files\wins32.exe

• Return to Killbox, go to the File menu, and choose Paste from Clipboard.
  • Click the red-and-white Delete File button. Click Yes at the Delete on Reboot prompt. Click OK at any PendingFileRenameOperations prompt (and please let me know if you receive this message!).
If your computer does not restart automatically, please restart it manually.

If you receive a message such as: "Component 'MsComCtl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." when trying to run Killbox, click here to download and run missingfilesetup.exe. Then try Killbox again.

* Reconfigure Windows XP to show hidden files:
Click Start. Open My Computer.
Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options. Select the View Tab.

Under the Hidden files and folders heading select "Show hidden files and folders".
Uncheck the "Hide protected operating system files (recommended)" option.
Uncheck the "Hide file extensions for known file types" option.
Click Yes to confirm. Click OK.

* Go to http://www.virustotal.com/en/indexf.html and upload the following files:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\1982621EBF.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\flfnpy.sys

* Post the reports of it here with a new hijackthis log
Greets Jürgenv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users