Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Configuring Outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 John Gomes

John Gomes

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:32 PM

3rd May 2007

Hi Friends,

First of all let me say thank you very much for all the help you have given me since I started using this forum, in particular Commander Gman,BlackSpyder,Budapest,Fozzie and Boopme.

Now I have encountered a very peculiar problem. I use wireless broadband and I am trying to configure Outlook 2003 to receive my email. My problem is, that I can send email through Outlook 2003 but I cannot receive any.

When configuring Outlook 2003, on the 'Internet E-mail settings (POP3)' dialogue box, I clicked the 'Test Account Settings' Button and everything was OK. When I send email through Outlook 2003, the recipients receive their email.
However, when email is sent to me I cannot receive it.
Why is this so? Could it be that the Incoming Server POP3 Port number is wrong? It is currently at 110.
Or is there some other problem.

Please advise.

With Thanks.

John Gomes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baloo

Baloo

• Members
  • 243 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:33 AM

Check with your ISP to be sure you have the correct port open for POP. Some of them use a secure server which uses a different port number I can't remember what the port number is offhand but the ISP will know.

Hope this helps!
When life hands you lemons squeeze the lemon juice right in his eye!

#3 missannie91

missannie91

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2007 - 01:05 PM

A few weeks ago, I changed my ISP to AT&T and have had only problems since then. It sounds like I am having the same problem as mentioned in your post. I can send email using Outlook 2003 but I cannot receive any email through Outlook 2003. All my emails come in through AT&T Yahoo. I don't want to use Yahoo email as it has taken me a long time to learn Outlook 2003 enough to feel comfortable with it. I have called Customer Service at AT&T and when finished with them, they recommended I check with my Dell Customer Service which I did. Lots and lots of time wasted!

Yesterday a friend told me that Outlook 2003 might not support SSL so possible I might not be able to fix the issue. Also AT&T Customer Service unchecked those two boxes in my settings and said it was not necessary. I don't know what to do next and I thought perhaps John Gomes might have some good information for me.

As you probably can tell, I am brand new at this forum replying business. I have only read them in the past.

#4 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,577 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2007 - 11:56 PM

In by POP3 to 110
Out by SMTP to 25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users