Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Corrupted - Have Receovery Disks But Cd Not Working!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gwynne

Gwynne

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 03 May 2007 - 07:03 PM

I dont know where to turn with this problem. My system got corrupted and I need to restore everything. Fortunately, I have the recovery disks. Unfortunately, the CD drives arent reading anything! Is there a back door or any way to reconnect the CD drives?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 03 May 2007 - 07:15 PM

What make and model of computer do you have?
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 madman6510

madman6510

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:10 PM

When you turn it on and it displays the manufacturer of the computer, look at the bottom and it should tell you to do something to enter setup. If there isn't anything there, keep tapping delete (or if you have a Dell, F2), and it should enter to a menu. Use your keyboard to navigate through the menus and change the boot order to allow it to boot from CD-ROM. Save and exit, it should work then.

#4 Gwynne

Gwynne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:39 PM

Thanks, HP helped me reinstall the CD drivers. I have to reconfigure my computer and of courrse I wouldnt be able to use the recovery discs without a CD ROM!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users