Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Shockwave Player Vers. 10.1.4.20?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:59 PM

I am having a problem with a site that I am trying to view the video on and get only the Audio???

I have a Toshiba notebook M50-MX5 windows xpsp2 and it is 2 years old.
I have tried other streaming news networks and they are ok??
I also have Windows media player on my notebook and don't really understand about "streaming" except that my news networks are working.

I don't know if the above "Adobe" programs that are in my "Add/Remove" section of my Control Panel are the whole program or not????

The site that I am trying to watch uses Adobe Flash Player specifically, thus I am asking this question.

I am not literate in this program, obviously and need help.
The site that I am trying to watch is:My Webpage

I would appreciate comments.

I googled and found a site with the uninstaller and used that and did a reboot and installed fresh and the only program that was removed was the Adobe Flash Player, and Adobe Activex. And then only 1 program was installed when I did a fresh install and that was the Adobe Flash Player Activex 9.0.45.0 and so I am wondering if I am now missing a component to make this work???

Also I don't understand the association between Adobe Shockwave Player vers. 10.1.4.20; as this program was not removed when I did the Uninstall it remained.
Could it be corrupt???

I apologize for these questions however I have never had a problem viewing this site and listening to this site.
I would appreciate all replies, thankyou.
Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:10 AM

Fixed problem, I got rid of Adobe Flash Player and the Activex and my Windows Media Player is functioning at my News sites and giving me both audio and video.
So this post can be removed. i thought that I should post my solution in the event that it may help other members.
Thankyou.

#3 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:24 PM

I thought about this after the post and wondered if there is a need for me to have Shockwave Player and Adobe Flash.

I realize that I can now watch the news on the site that was a problem via Windows Media Player, however do I need to have Adobe and Shockwave installed?
I would rather do it now than be scrambling around when the need arises and make some mistake.

I would appreciate comments, thankyou.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users