Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reformat

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:55 PM

The following is a portion of 406 infected files found, I have been Hit!

Strange things have occurred and my computer needless to say isn't working so good.

Will appreciate any help I can get.

I have recently uninstalled AVG, since I am sort of low on Ram and wanted to install Windows Malicious virus dewormer, but as usual it did not work.

I am being told I have to reformat and am trying to find out what the best way to do that, . .I went to MS Help but it does not come out and tell you anything specific, at least as far as I could understand.

Jove

Posted Image

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 03 May 2007 - 06:27 PM.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:58 PM

Well, usually if you have this many files infected, a reformat is the only way to make sure everything is gone. Start by backing up all your important documents and files. I would recommend putting them on CD or USB flash drive. Next, you will need a Windows XP CD or a Operating System Restore disc that came with your computer. When you startup your computer, enter into the BIOS or "Setup" and make sure your CD rom drive is your first boot device. Then pop the cd in, restart, and it should prompt you "Press any key to boot from CD". Then just follow the step by step instructions.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 Jove

Jove
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:47 PM

gavinseabrook,

hey man thanks, I would like to know a thing or two,

1. Where the H is the BIOS accessed or entered .

and How or can I save any software ?

:thumbsup:

Jove

I thought I was a computer nerd because I spent all my time on the computer !

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

#4 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:37 PM

Lol. To backup all your data, put a blank cd in the drive. Then right click on the files you want to backup (word documents, emails in outlooks, etc.) and select SEND TO and you should see CD-ROM.

As far as the programs themselves you will have to reinstall those so they are entered into the new registry.

To access the BIOS, right when your computer turns on, you should see something like "Press F2/DEL/F1 (Whatever it is for you, they are different depending on mobo manufacturer), to enter setup". This is your BIOS.

You should see a section called "Boot Sequence". Your boot sequence should look as follows:

1. CD-ROM
2. HDD-0
3. Floppy
4. Other Devices

This will allow the computer to boot to a cd such as windows installation. After that it is just step by step.

Gavin Seabrook

#5 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:39 AM

Before burning those on a CD/DVD I wuld advise you to make sure that those are not infected as well. A massive infection like yours cpreads around easily..

#6 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:32 AM

Have you thought of using Avast. The free home version has a boot time scanner that can remove that particular trojan.

http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

The way I would recommend is to download and install when it asks to set the boot time scan, click yes. when it wants to restart the computer say no.

Run the program, click the trial portion, wait, run the updates. once you have all updates close the program. restart the computer.

the boot time portion should start. when it finds the first virus, select 2(yes to all). then it should automatically delete any virus it finds outside the windows folder. when it finds the first virus in the windows folder, you will receive the same prompt. be patient I have seen avast take over four hours to clean a badly infected machine.

from what you are showing of the log, you have one trojan, with a lot of copies. I would not consider this nearly serious as you are being led to believe

Edited by oldf@rt, 04 May 2007 - 02:38 AM.

The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users