Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lexmark Printer On Vista

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 monika

monika

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:27 PM

Hello,

I have a lexmark printer X1130 and Windows Vista OS on my PC. I have downloaded the vista drivers right from the lexmark website but it doesnt seems to work. My printer only prints after being restarted but not straight away when commanded.

Would anybody know what the trouble could be as I am getting really annoyed haveing to restart my PC to get any printing done.

Thanks a lot

Monika x

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wassim

Wassim

• Members
  • 376 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:39 PM

Well i'm not surprised to see u facing this problem,i've seen it on different OSs and on different types of Printers and wherever i've seen it it was only solved by getin a brand new printer.

i dunno whats the deal with printers and their drivers i've tried to update the driver, reinstall it ....
but no solution.
plus ur using windows Vista on wish drivers have a higher % of not working properly even if it says it is Vista compatible.

i know i didnt offer u a solution but just to tell u ur not alone in this problem :huh:

cheers.
Wass.

Edited by Wassim, 04 May 2007 - 06:40 PM.

"Stuffy Hall Admin of the Typing Skills Enhancing School Program"

#3 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:13 AM

Try right clicking the driver/program and clicking properties. Then click compatibility. Next, check run under different OS and make sure Windows XP SP2 is selected. Then check run as administrator and click apply, then ok. Finally, reboot your computer and let me know if this fixed the issue.
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

#4 monika

monika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:28 PM

Try right clicking the driver/program and clicking properties. Then click compatibility. Next, check run under different OS and make sure Windows XP SP2 is selected. Then check run as administrator and click apply, then ok. Finally, reboot your computer and let me know if this fixed the issue.

hi,
I have tried what you've advised but with no successful result I am afraid...it really drives me crazy, don't know what to do as I really will need to print quite a lot of documents tomorrow and as it is bank holiday Monday here, I do not have a chance to buy a different printer tomorrow...

Any other suggestions???

Thanks...Monika

#5 monika

monika
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:31 PM

I have just wanted to try uninstal and install the printer again but it would not let me as it says the printer is printing now and for me to wait to finish printing and then uninstal, but it certainly is not printing anything!!!!!...how can this happen???

Any suggestions what to do with it now???

Thanks...

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:54 PM

Try closing all the printing programs (including those in the system tray (near the clock). Then turn the printer off, then unplug it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 salemray01

salemray01

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:52 AM

I don't have a solution, just a different problem. For me it's in the set up. After set up, (I downloaded the one for my printer) my lexmark 1150 icon is on the toolbar (by the clock) like it should be, but it seems I am missing something in the set up process? It didn't go through the whole set up process. I now click on the Icon, it starts loading, then error? AIOC has stopped working?
I just got this computer with Vista Home, It worked fine on my old computer with XP.
I Don't Know what to Do?
New Printer?

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:44 AM

Have you followed the instructions here: http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/suppor...d=Lexmark+X1130

If so, here's Lexmark's suggested fix: http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/knowle...amp;relevance=1
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:23 AM

Hello,

I have a lexmark printer X1130 and Windows Vista OS on my PC. I have downloaded the vista drivers right from the lexmark website but it doesnt seems to work. My printer only prints after being restarted but not straight away when commanded.

Would anybody know what the trouble could be as I am getting really annoyed haveing to restart my PC to get any printing done.

Thanks a lot

Monika x

With Lexmark printers (having one myself), after you install the drivers, Windows Vista needs to manually install the drivers as well. Then once that is done, you need to reboot in order to print. Good luck!
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users