Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aol

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NuSenseVA

NuSenseVA

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:53 PM

Ok so i can sign on and got to web pages for like 10min. Then after that I get this message...

"570 User Identification Failed
This Web page could not be opened. A connection to the page could not be made. Click the Reload or Refresh button to try again. If the problem persists, exit the service, then sign back on. You may also need to shut down other programs and restart your computer."

The problem is that if I refresh the page I get the same message again, If i sign off then back on it will repeat the above. I'm lost do i have virus or is AOL just being a pain?

If i open up FireFox/IE7 I can go to all the web pages I want.

Thanks,
Kenny

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:46 PM

Hello NuSenseVA, and welcome to BleepingComputer.com.
Sorry to hear you are having troubles with AOL. Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the AOL programs?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 NuSenseVA

NuSenseVA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:51 PM

No I haven't tried that yet maybe I'll do so. I keeps giving me AOL tray icons on the bottom of my windows task bar, I'll get like 5-10 of them will I'm just sitting here.

Thanks

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:55 PM

Go to the Event Viewer in the Administrative Tools, located in the Control Panel. Look for error messages in the Application Category. Post the last four error messages. Right click on each error message and select properties. That is the information we will need.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users