Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Some Help Troubleshooting My Problem Here.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bkyn72

Bkyn72

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:24 PM

Recently purchased an eVga 7600GS as an upgrade to my old 9600 pro. Uninstalled all old drivers and removed old card. Installed new card and made sure to hook up the ps to card. System boots fine, and everything seems normal to the point that I install the drivers for 7600. Initially tried to install drivers that came with card and as soon as they were installed, system began to lag horribly. i.e. Clicking on the Start button took a few seconds for it to open up, and everything else lagged horribly. Also every 15 seconds or so the screen would blink, as it does when changing resolution. This blinking would speed up and slow down at random it seemed. After this I removed the drivers, and got the newest drivers from nvidia site. Had exact same problem after installing them. System worked perfectly fine with old video card, and is currently running fine but without drivers installed for new vid card. Any help here would be appreciated.

System:
Athlon XP 2500+
Corsair XMS PC3200 1GB (2x512mb)
Abit NF7-V2.0
Enermax 460W Power Supply: EG465P-VE
WD 36gb Raptor

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:09 PM

You have to remember that most video card manufacturers put a lot of extra startup stuff on their software. Like my Radeon X1950, when the computer starts up, I leave it alone for about 2 minutes to load up all the software for the card, and the screen does flash a few times, but that is just the card initializing itself.

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users