Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Not Starting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tmm5899

tmm5899

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:20 PM

A friend had a computer that had windows 98se on it and h changed monitors and now it does not start in windows what can i do i tried putting the cd into the cd rom and it says invalid syatem disk and now i have to use a public computer to ask for help anyone know what to do i am not familiar with computers so if you can help please put the words where i can understand i do not know computer terms the bios says award modular bios v 4.51pc i need to make sure the seetings are correct how can i tell to make sure he did not try to change things can anyone tell me what eachof the items in the bios should be set at for this

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:06 AM

Does it make any sounds? Beeping ? If so could you describe the pattern of the sounds? If it is beeping is it 1 long beep or 2 short beeps?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 tmm5899

tmm5899
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 06 May 2007 - 06:18 PM

when i turn the computer on it makes one beep when it starts up here is a better decription of what i am trying to figure out
A friend had a computer that had windows 98se on it, and he changed monitors. Now it does not start in windows what can I do? I tried putting the cd into the cd rom and it says invalid system disk. Now I have to use a public computer to ask for help anyone know what to do I am not familiar with computers so if you can help please put the words where I can understand I do not know computer terms the bios says award modular bios v 4.51pc I need to make sure the settings are correct how can I tell to make sure he did not try to change things can anyone tell me what each of the items in the bios should be set at for this it says award bios on the main screen when I turn the computer on I have checked all the cables nothing is loose so I figure maybe not knowing what he was doing he changed something in the bios on the left side of the screen when I start computer and hit delete to enter set up the bios shows this list
standard cms setting
bios feature setup
chipset features setup
pnp/pci configuration
load bios defaults
load setup defaults
right side of screen shows
integrated peripherals
supervisor password
user password
ide hdd auto detection
hdd low level format
save and exit setup
exit without saving
how can I tell if he changed anything does any one have a picture of each of the things on list so I can highlight them and see if anything was changed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users