Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie 7 And Window Media Player Not Functioning After Spyware Removal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 simon_sum

simon_sum

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:36 PM

Hi!

I was just infected by serious spyware and have them all removed through the help of the expert here. Now I am transferred to here to deal with my IE and WMP problems. Hope that you can help.

My IE is generally working ok, but I have problems everytime when there is Java. Everytime when I need to click an icon which is java thing, it is not working, not pop up windows for me, that affects me a lot since one if the website is for my bank account and I cannot access it because of that.

Besides, my window media player is not functioning, I have tried to uninstall it and install it again, but when I click on the icon, it said that the device is not ready.

Since there is no more IE 6 can be downloaded, I don't know what to do and hope that there will be professions here to help me. Thanks very much.

Sincerely,

Simon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:51 PM

:thumbsup: I would start with downloading the latest javascript pluging from Java.com and installing it. Even if you have version 6.1 reinstalling my solve your problem. As for your media player Which version are you using. And as I always mention have you been to windows update lately? Check for the latest updates. There may be a bug in your version of media player.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users