Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Back Up Registry

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gwynne

Gwynne

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:14 PM

Hi, I am sorry this isnt on topic, but I didnt know where else to ask. I had a trojan a couple of months ago and someone here helped me out. He had me make a back up registry before I deleted anything.

I have since messed up my registry by deleting some items while working on a different problem. Is there anyway to merge the two registries. Again, I am sorry if this is the wrong forum, but it was here that I got the instructions to make a back up registry so I thought maybe someone could help. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Gwynne

Gwynne
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:45 PM

I know I shouldnt have done this, but I merged my two registries. A couple of programs didnt work. I then downloaded something and suddenly my whole computer got messed up. I dont know if it was from the download or the merge. Anyway, I have recovery disks but the problem is my computer isnt reading the CD drives! Is there any way to download them or any type of back door to get to my CD drives?

#3 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:36 PM

Hi Gwynne,

I see that you have already posted in the Hardware forum, which is the right place for your problem.

This topic will now be closed.

Good luck,

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users