Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Really Need Help .., I've A Anoying Problem ..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cgrim29588

cgrim29588

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:24 PM

Hi, I've a really anoying problem .. But let me start from the beginning.

When I first got my pc it was working perfectly. I could play games, watch movies etc .. without a problem and after a while I got a internet on this computer. ( already had internet on another pc ) And it still worked perfectly, but after a while it went wrong .. My CD-Drive (PHILIPS CDRW 5200 Series) didn't opened anymore .. It literaly destroyed a game .. I heard a loud noise coming from my pc and when I opened the CD-Drive I saw my game in pieces .. And after that my CD-Drive didn't opened anymore and when I push the open button my pc completely freezed and when I push the button again it works again. But everything else still worked fine and I placed my CD's in the other CD-Drive. But after a while my pc did really weird ( this is the main reason I'm posting here) When I play games, watch movies etc .. The screen freezes but the sound continoues .. and after 1 sec the screen jumps to where the sound is and plays further but after a while it freezes again and the sound continoues and when I play games it lags like hell. Sometimes my pc just restarts without a warning or something like that.. And thats why I posted here. Anyone can help me ??

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:55 PM

This could be a variety of things. Could be that your system is running low on memory, or you have too many processes open when windows starts. You can turn some off using MSCONFIG (start>Run>type MSconfig), and browsing to Startup tab. Now as far as the restarting, this could be spyware/virus activity. Might want to run a scan using www.superantispyware.com. ITs free to use. And the cd-rom drive, I have never trusted philips cdrw drives, unless they are extrenal. Could have just crapped out. Now let me take one guess as to the manufacturer of your PC....is it....EMACHINE?!!?!?!?! lol. If it is, you would be better off using it as a paperweight lol. Any je hews, please post your findings of turning off some startup programs (Uncesseary ones like msnmessanger), and running that scan.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 03 May 2007 - 10:03 AM

You said it sometimes restarts.
Disable automatic restart on system failure.
This will allow you to get the BSOD to show long enough, for you to copy the information, and post it here:

Click Start.
Click Control Panel.
Click Performance and Maintenance.
Click System.
Click the Advanced tab.
In the Startup and Recovery box, click the Settings button.
In the System Failure box, uncheck Automatically restart.
Put a check in Write an event to the system log, and Send an administrative alert.
Click OK.
Reboot.

On the next BSOD, write it down, word for word, and post it here.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users