Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing A Few Items

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:49 PM

1)I accidentally deleted My Documents from my desktop I went to recover it and it wasnt in my recycling bin. When I save or download a file it still shows up in the Desktop section though. How do i get it back?

2)When I upgraded my video card I disabled my onboard video now that im trying to run dual monitors I need to use the onboard for my second monitor but i cannot find it with Device Manager or Everest Home. Where did it go and how do i get it back?

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 30 April 2007 - 09:21 PM

If you mean you deleted the icon which takes you to My Documents, the icon can easily be placed backed on your desktop.

1) From the Start menu, find My Documents. You can drag and drop it to the desktop.

2) Alternate method. Start Menu. Place your cursor over My Documents, RIGHT click, choose Copy.
Then go to your desktop, place your cursor in an empty spot, RIGHT click, and choose Paste Shortcut.

Someone else will have to advise about your other issue.

#3 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:10 PM

actually thats my little fix im using right now. My documents actually shows up twice in the "Save As" box (once as original and once as shortcut) and thats whats messing with me.

Posted Image

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:19 AM

How to restore Desktop Icons: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279769

I don't mess with dual monitors so I'm not sure of the impact of this action - but you can enable the onboard video in the system's BIOS. It'll be a key press when the system is first booted - and it'll say something like BIOS or Setup (F10 on Compaq/HP, F2 on Gateway/eMachines, Del on some other systems).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:17 AM

actually thats my little fix im using right now. My documents actually shows up twice in the "Save As" box (once as original and once as shortcut) and thats whats messing with me.

Delete the current desktop shortcuts to the My Documents folder.
Right click the desktop and select Properties.
Click the "Desktop" tab then click the "Customize Desktop" button.
On the "General' tab, select "My Documents" by placing a checkmark next to it.
If it already is, toggle it off and back on again. OK your way out.

When I upgraded my video card I disabled my onboard video now that im trying to run dual monitors I need to use the onboard for my second monitor but i cannot find it with Device Manager or Everest Home. Where did it go and how do i get it back?

Wether or not you can do it that way depends totally on the motherboard.
Even if it does work, which is iffy, you will take a performance hit. You're far better off using a dual monitor capable video card or at least a Y splitter off your current video card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users