Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Reinstall Printer --> "cyclic Redundancy Error"

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kip123

kip123

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:05 PM

Installed new printer HP Officejet All-In-One 6210 in older emachine T1125 running Windows XP. Used printer w/o problems for several weeks. :thumbsup: Then, while printing in Quickbooks 2006 "something" happened - printer stopped midstream and was no longer found under the installed printers. Attempted to uninstall and reinstall (Add/Remove Software), but was unable to. Received these error messages: "Please turn of printer and try again" (printer was off) or "Unable to access device manager". Ran the HP6210 cleanup utility downloaded from the HP website. Without any success - it appears to do its thing, but when trying to reinstall the printer (from CD) approx. 60% through the process I get a message "unable to proceed to due cyclic redundancy" or something similar. Thank you for any help you can offer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:20 PM

When you went to Add/Remove programs, was the printer still hooked up to the computer? Try unplugging it and pull the power cord
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 kip123

kip123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:24 PM

Tried uninstall through Add/Remove twice: 1st time printer only off / 2nd time printer disconnected and unplugged - same error message "turn off printer ......."

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:37 PM

How about trying it in safemode?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 kip123

kip123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2007 - 01:06 PM

Will try in safe mode and report back. Thank you for your time.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:56 PM

The cyclic redundancy error is caused by a file that doesn't match the "checking" data that's stored for it. This usually means that there's a corrupted file on the installation media (CD). I'd suggest ensuring that the installation CD has no scratches on it. If it does, then download a copy from the HP site and save it to your hard drive (and run it from there).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 kip123

kip123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:39 AM

Attempt to uninstall in safe mode did not work - got same results: "turn off printer" and "unable to access device manager." Will try to reinstall printer from HP driver download as John suggested.
Sorry for slow going on this - it's my inlaws pc and I'm not there all the time.
Thanks for your help.

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:08 PM

Take your time - I hope the fresh download helps!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users