Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:54 PM
I figured it out and what was wrong. In User Profiles, it wasn't letting me use the "Copy To" feature. It was "greyed out." This made me actually copy the user profiles to the server without the "Copy To" feature. This was causing all the errors. Soooo, I played around a bit and discovered how to get the "Copy To" feature to work for me.
To correct this, I had to force the user to rejoin the domain to get the "Copy To" feature to work right. In our domain, we join a domain as "DomainName," but the domain is actually "DomainName.Local." I simply took out ".Local" to force user to rejoin the domain. Windows is weird!
My initial problem came down to properly copying the profile to the server. The test (dummy) Roaming Profile is properly working.
On a side note: For those people who are using Roaming Profiles, this is what I did.
I created \\RoamingProfileServer\ProfileShareFolder$. I gave "Domain Users" full change/modify access for both file and share permissions on "ProfileShareFolder$."
On the client machine, I went to User Profiles and selected "Copy To." I browsed to \\RoamingProfileServer\ProfileShareFolder$\. It created client %USERNAME% folder. I assigned "full control" to that user for that file folder. I set "Change Type" to "roaming profile" on the User's Profile and rebooted the machine.
The key here is "REBOOT THE MACHINE," don't just log off!!! The settings don't replicate to the server simply by logging off. REBOOT THE COMPUTER after you are done on Computer A. Go to Computer B and log in to test the settings. If user simply logged off Computer A, whatever that user did on Computer A is still on Computer A. Computer A didn't "release" profile changes to the server to use on Computer B.