Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Small Favour Please? Takes Seconds If You Have Got Ms Office 2003 Or Above...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sitalchauhan

sitalchauhan

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:55 PM

I have got an important file that was sent to myself.
It is a list of some DJing music: artists and tracknames.

However, the person sent the file as a .MDI file (MS Office Document Imaging File) saved through Office 2003.

I have only got Office 2000, so cannot open MDI files.

Office 2003 supports .MDI files, so I am assuming any office newer than 2003 will also support it.

If somebody could open this .MDI file with Office and then save it as a .TIF file and reupload it, I would be extremely grateful. (or any other common file format but it is supposed to be easily saved as a .tiff. You can upload it to rapidshare, etc, or ur own webspace temporarily if you have it)

Supposedly you just open the .MDI file and then "save as..." and choose .tif file type, or "export as .tif" and it is supposed to be extremely simple.

Here is the .MDI file:
http://www.sitalchauhan.pwp.blueyonder.co....r/MusicList.MDI

Thanks soo much in advance, you really would be doing me a massive favor as this is quite important :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sitalchauhan

sitalchauhan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:48 PM

Ive got it sorted now.
I found this nifty program if somebody else is interested:
http://www.hot.ee/mdiviewer/

Thanks

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:50 PM

I was just going to recommend that program, but you beat me to the post. :thumbsup:
I downloaded, and scanned it.
I found no signs of viruses, or spyware.

Did it work for you?

Edited by tg1911, 30 April 2007 - 01:51 PM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 sitalchauhan

sitalchauhan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:48 AM

yep the program worked perfectly. It lets you view the file, and also export it as TIFF and some other formats.

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 01 May 2007 - 12:02 PM

That's good news, sitalchauhan.
What other formats, does it export to?
Why don't you make a post to the Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps topic, suggesting it be added to the list?

Edited by tg1911, 01 May 2007 - 12:03 PM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users