Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot Failed

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cartmansdad

cartmansdad

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:59 AM

Hi

I have a friend who was updating windows and when restarted it would not boot and came up with the message.

Unable to load.
Load dll kernals

wont boot at all, and he has work on there that he hasnt backed up, anyway of restarting without losing any information on his pc???
And he doesnt have a windows XP disc just the recovery disc from the pc which will not boot either

Edited by cartmansdad, 30 April 2007 - 07:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 wztech

wztech

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:11 AM

Maybe it's a hardware problem..........Try to check the RAM........
Don't Laugh .................. It WORKS !!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#3 cartmansdad

cartmansdad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2007 - 04:36 PM

OK
I have checked his ram and tried othe but still same problem, pc will not boot with same errors

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:02 AM

I would try booting the computer from the XP CD into the recovery console and running the system file checker (sfc /scannow).
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 cartmansdad

cartmansdad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:42 AM

Hi

He doesnt have an XP disc, all he has is his backup disc for his pc which wont load.

#6 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:51 AM

Do you think the recovery disk is bad? Try cleaning the disk with a soft cloth. Also, check that the computer is set to boot from a CD. You may need to adjust the BIOS settings to allow this.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#7 cartmansdad

cartmansdad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:32 PM

OK, ow do I do this please

#8 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:53 PM

Does your friend have a floppy drive? What part does it start to freeze? Have you tried starting the computer in safe mode? I understand that you may have some computer knowledge, however, I want you to go through the obvious checks of safe mode. Try going into the bios (the delete key is a common key for that) and look for an option to change the boot order, list to me the choices he has, from there is how we will continue.

#9 cartmansdad

cartmansdad
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:37 AM

Hi

Not sure if he has a floppy he is away for a few days now, but when u turn on the pc 5 secs later it comes up with the dll error message, and it wont go any further from there. and I will get the choices for you when he gets back from his trip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users