Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Leaving Notebook Charging?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 unloaded

unloaded

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:34 AM

I use my Asus V1Jp laptop as a desktop for a few months now, but I am getting really tired of having it charged fully then unplug, then charging it again when the battery is low. Therefore, is it ok to leave my laptop always charging?

Thank You,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:49 AM

It is not conducive to long battery life to keep them in a constant charging state.

Where I to run a laptop in a desk top role for long periods of time, I would remove the battery, store it in a cool location, and just use the AC.

Here's another item on Li-ion batteries.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:45 AM

orite then, thanks alot!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users