Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Redneck Band-aid

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 29 April 2007 - 09:09 PM

Posted Image

Cat got me. Yes thats electrical tape on my wrist

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 PM

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:20 AM

Better than duct tape, more flexible, but not as pretty..... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:05 AM

Oh dear, that is very sad indeed! :thumbsup: Bet taking the tape off hurt more than the original kitty scratch? Ouch!
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#4 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:55 PM

There is nothing wrong with a little duct-tape or even electrical tape as a band-aid. If you have to it, works best if you have a small towel to tie around said location.

#5 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:03 PM

Okay, you got me - you're right! :thumbsup: But let's face it, even 'crazy glue' may be a tad better than the tape? Huge smile.
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#6 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:45 AM

Electrical Tape works very well because the oil on your skin causes the adhesive not to work as well as it should. So the only place that the tape was sticking was on itself. all healed up now. Oreo, the one that did it, is sitting in my lap as I type this.

Posted Image

#7 Iodine

Iodine

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:27 AM

:inlove: Loved the picture of your "redneck bandaide". Trust me, being married to a Kentucky briar I can sure appreciate it!!! :flowers: He's from coal mine country in South Eastern Ky., you know, were you don' tell someone what street you live on you tell them what "holler" you live in!! :trumpet: :thumbsup:
I can't complain though, I couldn't have found anyone better, those briars know how to treat their women right!! :cool:

Oh by the way, did you know that god invented duct tape? Really, it fixes almost anything and everything that you can think of, so I figure anything that good couldn't have been made by mere mortals!! :)
Tell me and I forget ;Show me and I may remember;involve me and I"ll understand.

#8 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:54 PM

I'm convinced!! :thumbsup: For whatever reason,I have several rolls of brightly coloured electric tape hanging about - will be perfect for using on the little ones when I run out of bandaids (and no doubt they will love it!).

If anyone ever figures out how to train a kitty not to scratch when startled, etc, please do let me know ... love our cats but often look like the 'walking wounded' - gentle sigh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users