Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Online Jobs?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MacDiesel

MacDiesel

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 29 April 2007 - 03:23 PM

Hey guys. I am not looking to get rich, but I need a part-time job. My hours at my full time job are always changing so I can't get a 2nd job. Does anyone know of any legit online jobs?

Moved from "Browsers and Internet Apps." Forum. ~acklan~

Edited by acklan, 30 April 2007 - 12:00 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CuStOmCoMpUtErWoRkS

CuStOmCoMpUtErWoRkS

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 29 April 2007 - 06:42 PM

LIVEOPS is real.

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:19 AM

LIVEOPS sounded pretty good till..

Q: What are the minimum equipment requirements?

System configured in accordance with Microsoft's recommendations as outlined on their 'Protect Your PC Web Site." These steps include:

* Windows Update module enabled and configured to update automatically
* Windows standard firewall enabled on systems where it exists

Not the only system requirements. Just the ones I wouldn't use personally.

Edited by Scarlett, 02 May 2007 - 12:41 AM.

Posted Image

#4 deuce23

deuce23

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:28 AM

LIVEOPS sounded pretty good till..

Q: What are the minimum equipment requirements?

System configured in accordance with Microsoft's recommendations as outlined on their 'Protect Your PC Web Site." These steps include:

* Windows Update module enabled and configured to update automatically
* Windows standard firewall enabled on systems where it exists

Not the only system requirements. Just the ones I wouldn't use personally.

I'm not a tech wiz but what's wrong with that?
Daily Digest FreebieGossip --- AngryMidgetYo --- Sinfest --- Explosm

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:36 AM

I do not prefer to make use of Microsoft automatic updates. I would rather choose myself, what Microsoft is allowed to download onto my computer. A personal preference. Automatic updates are useful to some I'm sure. It can be tricky to remember to update. Though they come on a monthly basis, and usually on the second Tuesday of each month.

The Windows firewall is not enough protection. Which is why myself and many others recommend a stand alone firewall. Windows firewall only alerts to incoming activity, not outgoing activity. A stand alone firewall alerts to both, why only have half of the protection. :thumbsup:

Keep in mind they are the "minimum requirements"

Online work at home opportunities, is an interesting topic. I would like to see more suggestions. LiveOps does sound like it could be a good one to become involved with. CuStOmCoMpUtErWoRk have you been affiliated with them yourself?
Posted Image

#6 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:21 AM

Something I have done for years is look for jobs online.
Trust me its hard.

Selling ebooks online is super hard so dont let anyone say you are going to get rich off of it.

Your(and mine) best bet is to freelance. Go ahead type it in google. Many REAL companies and websites(no scams) pay you to freelance. Requirements differ from site to site and task to task but you should be fine.

Do some research on it. I have looked for years and its the only thing I have seen that for sure works well.

If you type in google "how to make money online" You could spend all your life on their alone. You may find something you may not. Most are scams.

Do a review before doing anything. Look up the name and make sure its real.

And DONT do surveys! Waste of time and nothing else. No matter what the site says. And never give money up front to any opportunity unless you know for sure its real.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users