Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Got Spyware Somewhere I Download From Internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 du1ssq

du1ssq

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 29 April 2007 - 01:09 PM

:thumbsup:

Hello to you all,
Last night after I log off I scan my computer and I find out I was infected by this spyware that I got when I
download a free program from the internet,
I don't have any anti-spyware program installed in my computer but I have a software here.the Ad aware se but sad to say I don't know how to use it,I love my computer just because this is the only things I got here,Iam always alone here at home and so this computer that I assembled that I loved must,Iam a probee
so please help me how I could removed those spyware on my computer and pls do give advice wjich the best free download anti-spyware program that can easily use,
My heartfelt thanks to you all...........please help,
Its me
Ernest du1ssq

Mod Edit: E-mail address was removed for your safety. Please, do not post your E-mail address in an open forum. This could lead to a lot more SPAM in your inbox, than you might want.
Also closed open tags. ~tg

Edited by tg1911, 29 April 2007 - 01:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:08 PM

Check out this tutorial:
Using Ad-Aware SE

Do you have an Antivirus program?
Have you updated, and run, it?
If you don't have one, you need to get one.
Several free alternatives can be found here:
Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps
I use AVG.

I would also install, and run, SpybotS&D.
Using Spybot - Search & Destroy

Run these online virus scanners:
BitDefender
Trendmicro Housecall

Also this online Trojan scanner:
TrojanScan

If that doesn't help rid you of the problem, then:

Read How to post a HijackThis Log.
Please read, and follow, all directions carefully!!!

Then, run a log, and post it in the HijackThis forum, >at this link<.
Do not, post it in this topic.
Do not, fix anything, yet.
A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.
It may take a while to get a response from the HJT Team, because they are very busy. Please, be patient, as these people are volunteers. They will help you, as soon as possible.

NOTE:
Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.

Also, don't make any changes to your system, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it more difficult to properly clean your system.

If you haven't heard back from them in 5 days, go to this topic, Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?, and carefully follow all directions.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:16 PM

Sorry tg 1911, must have just posted after you.

Hi du1ssq

If you need a tutorial on Ad-Aware, you will find one........Here
As for other anti-spyware programs,

* Avg Anti-Spyware 7.5 .....available from Here
Download and install AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5
1. After download, double click on the file to launch the install process.
2. Choose a language, click "OK" and then click "Next".
3. Read the "License Agreement" and click "I Agree".
4. Accept default installation path: C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5, click "Next", then click "Install".
5. After setup completes, click "Finish" to start the program automatically or launch AVG Anti-Spyware by double-clicking its icon on your desktop or in the system tray.
6. The main "Status" menu will appear. Select "Change state" to inactivate 'Resident Shield' and 'Automatic Updates'.
7. Then right click on AVG Anti-Spyware in the system tray and uncheck "Start with Windows".
8. Go to Start > Run and type: services.msc

* Press "OK".
* Click the "Extended tab" and scroll down the list to find AVG Anti-Spyware guard.
* When you find the guard service, double-click on it.
* In the Properties Window > General Tab that opens, click the "Stop" button.
* From the drop-down menu next to "Startup Type", click on "Manual".
* Now click "Apply", then "OK" and close the Services window.

9. Select the "Update" button and click "Start update". Wait until you see the "Update succesfull message. Exit AVG Anti-Spyware when done.
Do not run yet.

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :

* Restart your computer
* After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
* Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
* Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
* Choose your usual account.

Scan with AVG Anti-Spyware as follows:
Note: DO NOT USE the computer while AVG Anti-Spyware is scanning. If Explorer or other programs are open during the scan that means certain files will also be in use. Some malware will insert itself and hide in areas that are "protected" by Windows when the files are being used. This can hamper AVG Anti-Spyware's ability to clean properly and may result in reinfection.

1. Launch AVG Anti-Spyware, click on the "Scanner" button and choose the "Settings" tab.

* Under "How to act?", click on "Recommended actions" and choose "Quarantine" to set default action for detected malware.
* Under "How to Scan?" check all (default).
* Under "Possibly unwanted software" check all (default).
* Under "What to Scan?" make sure "Scan every file" is selected (default).
* Under "Reports" select "Automatically generate report after every scan" and UNcheck "Only if threats were found".

2. Click the "Scan" tab to return to scanning options.
3. Click "Complete System Scan" to start.
4. When the scan has finished you will be presented with a list of infected objects found. Click "Apply all actions" to place the files in Quarantine.

IMPORTANT! Do not save the report before you have clicked the Apply all actions button. If you do, the log that is created will indicate "No action taken", making it more difficult to interpret the report. So be sure you save it only AFTER clicking the "Apply all actions" button?

5. Click on "Save Report" to view all completed scans. Click on the most recent scan you just performed and select "Save report as" - the default file name will be in date/time format as follows: Report-Scan-20060620-142816.txt. Save to your desktop. A copy of each report will also be saved in C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\Reports\
6. Exit AVG Anti-Spyware when done.

Reboot into Normal mode.

See if this helps.

If not......

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSypware Free for Home Users
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
  • Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
  • Click the Scanning Control tab.
  • Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
  • Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
  • Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
  • Click Close to exit the program.

Edited by Starbuck, 29 April 2007 - 02:17 PM.

BBPP6nz.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users