Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Randomely Shuts Down?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 moomoo

moomoo

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 PM

Posted 29 April 2007 - 10:40 AM

Sometimes...when im running certain apps...my computer will just restart. no command activated, no BSOD, not even an error message or log...in the middle of what im doing shows a black screen then loads up BIOS. And sometimes my bios freezes and i have to kill the power bar and turn on...still no message or error screen... and its REALLY starting to get annoying! Does anyone know whats causing it? i have a few hunches but i doubt they are correct...

THanks
Nick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 29 April 2007 - 03:45 PM

You might want to check your event viewer (Start>Control Panel>Administrative tools>Event viewer), and check the system logs. Check for any SYSTEM ERRORS or BUGCHECKS. Post the following information:

EVENT ID
SOURCE
DESCRIPTION

You might also want to check if there is a BIOS update available while your at it.

Gavin Seabrook

#3 moomoo

moomoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:21 PM

Thanks! Ill check that now, and for the record i have run CHKDSK and it says the volumes clean. I have all options enabled too, bad sector detection and recovery and fix all detected errors...so ill try the event log...im not so keen on the BIOS update though...ive had my share of bad ones...ill take a look into it though.

#4 moomoo

moomoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:28 PM

Here we go this seems to be something vital...

Event ID: 7026
Source: Service Control Manager
Description: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
SABKUTIL

Well i think ive discovered a pattern to my problem.... After that thing^^ fails my SunJavaAppServ messes up....weird....very weird....SABKUTIL...it somehow sounds familiar but i just cant place it...any ideas guys?

#5 moomoo

moomoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:33 PM

ERRGH!!!! i think its STUPID microsoft again...ive just about had it with their *security updates*!

Its my stupid Nvidia hardware update microSUCK decided to give me...My gosh i cant take another second of them...i think some of you might remember awhile ago i downloaded a Adapter upgrade from them...i had a BSOD for 10hours when i figured out its a corrupted adapter driver thanks to the update..so i just updated nvidia and it worked fine..for a bit.

after todays crash i totally just shut it down and the computer hasnt crashed once...i fear uninstalling it will screw me over more...i cant take this...when i get my dads laptop im switching to a paid version of redhat or some upgrades for ubuntu...better than this stupid OS...

Sorry its out of me now..

i dont know if its the problem or not ..any ideas?

PS: sorry about the rant..

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 06:55 PM

SABKUTIL likely belongs to a program called Super Ad Blocker. Do you have it installed on your system? If so, uninstall it and then reinstall it to see if it fixes the error problems.

FWIW - Microsoft didn't make the driver for the nVidia card, so IMO it's not advisable to download it from them. I'd suggest downloading video drivers from the maker of your chipset (nVidia in this case). You can get them here: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Finally, do you have a RealTek sound card built into your motherboard? If so, I'd check for problems with the driver for it (this is just a hunch on my part).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 moomoo

moomoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:01 PM

Super Ad Blocker is like dead...i uninstalled it AGES ago...and REaltek im not sure im gonnna check now tho...

I dont know if i do or not...i doubt it..

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:03 PM

Sounds like Super Ad Blocker wasn't completely removed. You may want to examine your startups to see what's trying to load it - and then disable it. Here's a free program that'll help: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...s/Autoruns.mspx

As I said, the RealTek thing is only a hunch - so don't lose any sleep over it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#9 moomoo

moomoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:14 PM

AHH thank you i found it in th e startups..and i deleted it muahahaha...hopefully it stops my problem..ill post if theres anymore...thanks alot everyone!

#10 moomoo

moomoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:18 PM

hey i also found the virus thats beein pi$$ing me off!! wow thats gone..hmm vundo's are intense XD

#11 moomoo

moomoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:34 PM

i found another error...its different from other one..i fixed 2 that i thought were causing problem..one left..

Event ID: 10010

Source: DCOM

Description: The server {0002DF01-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

#12 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:23 PM

Free, online scan: http://housecall.trendmicro.com

#13 moomoo

moomoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:30 PM

How come im doing that if you dont mind me asking? Whats DCOM?

#14 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:21 AM

Also try www.superantispyware.com

Gavin Seabrook

#15 moomoo

moomoo
  • Topic Starter