Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

registry help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 papertowel

papertowel

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 14 January 2005 - 01:59 PM

i ran a free reg cleaner fixed a few problems,And then ran one that was'nt free it found one problem.

High Priority:value is invalid-set to delete
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\current version\explorer\shell folders

Administrative Tools=C:\\WINDOWS\start menu\programs\Administrative Tools

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315352/EN-US/
I did find this link,but i am running win98 and not upgrading to xp,also do not have norton
Anyone knowledgable with the registry know how i can fix this?ty

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2005 - 05:01 PM

Hi papertowel and welcome

I have 98SE here too and have the same registry key. It seems to be an invalid key. It certainly isn't a high priority. It won't do any harm to leave it or delete it, unless you do upgrade to XP. Even then I don't see it having any effect, really. I'm not going to do anything with it. If it really bugs you suggest you back it up before you delete it. Run regedit and export it to the desktop for awhile. If nothing goes wrong, delete the backup. Does your registry cleaner make backups?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 papertowel

papertowel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2005 - 12:10 PM

thanks i used another program to fix it,seems to running ok

i was unsure of deleting because of the admin tools line,but ok so far

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users