Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Can I Make My Own Web Browser, And Surf The Net For Free?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yayo

yayo

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:32 PM

I will tell u what i want, what i rilly rilly want, i want to surf the net for free with no fees what so ever. Can i make my own web browser, and if i can how can i? I hope thare is a way, because knowlige should be free, just like this wonderful place we come to call bleepingcomputer.com.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:56 PM

A browser alone will not allow you free access to the net, so use a good open source browser like Firefox, and save yourself a LOT of time and effort writing code that ends up re-inventing the wheel.
What you pay for is the ability to connect to the internet (your ISP).
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 28 April 2007 - 11:59 PM

Hello yayo and welcome to leepingComputer.
10 years ago there were several dozen 100% free dialup ISPs. Today there are very few. NetZero offers the first 10 hours a month free.
If you have wifi on your computer you could visit your local Starbuck or McDonald and soakup their free wifi service. Many others offer free wifi. You may even find one that is close to your house.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#4 yayo

yayo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 11:45 AM

Thanks alot for your response. So it is basicaly imposibal to get free internet for free? For the resin that the central hub needs to conect my house to it. Is it posibal to get a free ISP.

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:56 PM

Try Google "internet free ISP" and check the results. By the way, where are you located at? That makes a difference.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users