Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:10 PM
I've only learned about the iPod stuff over the last 6 months or so - and then only because we have to troubleshoot them at work before we send 'em out for repair.
IMO, Apple will soak you for all they can get out of you - the products are way overpriced!
A couple of other notes:
1) Plugging the iPod into the computer to charge takes a very, very long time - and dead batteries are a major problem that we see with them. Make sure to charge it using the wall charger if at all possible.
2) If the iPod locks up, press (and hold) the middle button on the wheel and the top of the wheel. Hold them for 10-20 seconds and the iPod should reboot - this fixes a lot of problems that we see.
3) Ensure that the iPod software is updated. The easiest way to do this is through iTunes.
4) If all else fails, backup your music and use the Restore feature in iTunes to reset the iPod.
5) If iTunes doesn't install, download it again. We've seen a lot of problems with bad downloads in the last week or two.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able. - John
(my website: http://www.carrona.org/
)**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack
. ** If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.
<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.