Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sudden Display Crash

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 anasimtiaz

anasimtiaz

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:56 AM

im running an intel 2.8Ghz processor, the board is intel D865gbf. when i start my computer, everything is normal but usually (and more oftenly now) the display suddenly turns something weird, a combination of lines and blocks and everything is stalled. this can happen before or after the loading of windows (no fixed time). and when i restart the pc, normality is restored for sometime but then again this problem can erupt any time. to give an idea of the sort of display problem ive taken a snapshot of the monitor screen, which can be found here:
http://www.geocities.com/anasimtiaz/problem.jpg

i am not sure where the problem lies! but its really annoying

Edited by anasimtiaz, 28 April 2007 - 05:12 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 28 April 2007 - 06:34 PM

Does this also appear in "Safe Mode" or "Start XP with VGA"?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 anasimtiaz

anasimtiaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 12:36 AM

yes, it even happens sometimes before the start of windows...so its probably not a software issue. it can happen a second after starting also. plz help

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 PM

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:12 AM

Have you tried a different monitor?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 anasimtiaz

anasimtiaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:51 AM

yes...a new lcd!

now my prime suspect is overheating, is it possible...how can i check if the heatsink and fan is fine???

secondly vga, its a built-in .... but i think a faulty vga shudnt display anything from the word go...this one goes on for some unspecified time...

third RAM...can it be??

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:54 AM

Checking hardware is just switching components. If you try 2 monitors and only one works - then it's likely that the monitor is the problem. If neither work, then it's likely that the video card is the problem.

The same thing with the video card - if another doesn't work, then the problem is likely to be deeper inside of your system (BTW - don't forget to disable the onboard video when trying another card)>
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 anasimtiaz

anasimtiaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:58 AM

how can i disable the onboard video? im barely able to run windows as the display freezed very quickly....its not with the monitor, that ive confirmed!

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2007 - 12:44 PM

To clean the fan and heatsink, get a can of compressed air and blow the dust and lint out.
Replacing onboard video
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users