Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just Joined!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wildchild2

wildchild2

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 28 April 2007 - 06:59 AM

Hi guys (and gals),
Just joined and wanted to say hello. I am a 56yo aussie male from Queensland, Australia. I am married with 2 grown up sons and have been forcibly retired by ill health which is why I am here. I don't sleep very well so I have just got broadband internet from AAPT so I have something to do to fill the long nights when I am up alone. I am a fairly savvy computer user having had a computer for a long time (do you remember DOS?) and dial up internet for a couple of years.
I love reading these sort of forums and posting occasionally and look forward to being able to ask questions if (when?) I have any problems. Touch wood, none so far. Broadband installation went well and continues to go well and I don't know how I managed with dial up for so long. :thumbsup:

Anyway, Hi to everyone.
JIM
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 28 April 2007 - 08:26 AM

Broadband becomes almost taken for granted until you are forced to use dial up, then you really appreciate it. Remember BC is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year---if you can't sleep, just drop in.
Welcome to this friendly user community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:32 PM

Posted Image wildchild2
Sorry to hear about your ill health, but look at the bright side........ you can spend ages on here Posted Image
It's good to see you here at BC, may well see you in the forums. :thumbsup:

BBPP6nz.png

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:40 PM

Welcome wildchild2, glad you found us.. Bc also has a chat room

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/15270/bleeping-computer-irc-chat-room/
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 PM

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:51 PM

welcome to bc wild child i to have trouble sleeping nd most of my time is spent here ,browsing the forums
or trying to help in anyway that i can hope to get involved with some chat and debate with you enjoy the board

mike :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#6 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 29 April 2007 - 06:44 AM

Hello wildchild2 & welcome to BC :thumbsup:

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users