Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm A Hardware Guy, I'm Not As Good As Others Are With Malware

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Little Pagan

Little Pagan

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 28 April 2007 - 02:47 AM

download a pic off limewire.
that pic was sent to a folder in d drive call my favorite bands.
my favorite bands is just a folder were i keep my music.
ever since i downloaded that pic i have had a warning message saying" windows has incountered a problem and has to close". after that the file closes every thing goes blank then it refreshes and all my programs and folders that were open are still open but my favorite bands folder is gone so every time i try and acess it the same thing happens. i try and scan it but that same message comes up and the scanning program closes. i.ve tried alot of programs but nothing can scan it. the only program that has been able to scan the folder is avg 7.5 but that didn't fix the problem. i have resently downloaded comodo and that didn't work so i got rid of it but when i was uninstalling comodo it froze so i restarted my comp and now comodo is still there but its not in the add/remove program list.

i new to this site so i don't quite no how to use it. im only 14 but im try to fix my mistakes that i have cause on my comp.

heres the list of programs that ive used:
1.avg 7.5
2.norton anti virus
3.paretologic antispyware
4.spysweeper
5.spybot search and destroy
6.ad-aware
7.regcure
8.advanced system optimizer
9.max secure spyware detector
i think there are more but i can't remember them

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:22 AM

:thumbsup: to BleepingComputer, the best place for malware removal on the net!

Since you mentioned that you are having problems with malware, start here and read everything that you can:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

another great link here is for the tutorials: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 28 April 2007 - 04:23 AM

Like oldf@rt says Start Here post a HJT log, not here but in the right frum

0 user(s) are reading this topic